Keep up to speed with the qualification criteria and up-to-date standings here
Here are the Ryder Cup standings for both the European and visiting American teams. The USA team, captained by Zach Johnson, will defend their title against the hosts, led by Luke Donald, at Marco Simone Golf & Country Club in Rome, Italy, from September 29-October 1, 2023.
Team European Ryder Cup standings
Ryder Cup Team Europe has announced its qualification will begin at the 2022 BMW PGA Championship – which takes place at Wentworth between September 8-11 – and will conclude on September 3, 2023.
In contrast to 2020, six players will automatically qualify from a points system, with Donald given six captain’s picks. The six automatic qualifiers will comprise the three leading players on the European Points List followed by the three leading players on the World Points List.
Donald said. “The six picks give me flexibility to ensure we have the strongest line-up at Marco Simone in terms of in-form players, players with Ryder Cup experience, and potential pairings.”
So how does the points list work?
Players will get…
– 6000 points for majors/DP World Tour Championship
– 5000 points for other Rolex Series events/World Golf Championships
– 3500 points for events of $5,000,000 or over
– 2500 points for events of $2,000,000 or over
– 1500 points for events under $2,000,0000
European Points List
These are the current leading players in the European Points List for the Europe Ryder Cup standings for 2023. Those in the qualifying positions are listed in bold.
World Points List
These are the current leading players in the World Points List for the Europe Ryder Cup standings for 2023. Those in the qualifying positions are listed in bold.
- RELATED: Why LIV’s European players could still end up on Donald’s Ryder Cup team
- RELATED: How will banning LIV Golf players from the Ryder Cup affect the teams?
Team USA Ryder Cup standings
The USA Ryder Cup standings will remain the same for 2023. Like Europe, six players will qualify from a points system, with Captain Johnson making up the other six players from his picks.
“I appreciate that the hard decisions are in my lap. I love that responsibility,” Johnson said. “We’ve got a pretty good template already in place, and I’m not going to try to deviate away from that.”
Players can accrue points in 2022 at seven events – the four majors, two World Golf Championships, and the Players – with points awarded at regular PGA Tour events from January.
The qualification process will conclude after the penultimate event of the season, the BMW Championship, and Johnson will name his picks after the Tour Championship.
– 1 point per $1,000 earned at the four majors
– 1 point per $2,000 earned at the Players, WGC-Dell Technologies Championship, and WGC-HSBC Championship
– 1 point per $1,000 earned at regular PGA Tour events and World Golf Championships
– 1.5 points per $1,000 earned for players making the cut at the four majors
– 2 points per $1,000 earned for winner of the four majors
This is the current top 10 in the US Ryder Cup standings for 2023. Those in the qualifying positions are listed in bold.