Players to shoot 59 or better on the PGA TourAugust 16, 2018 Golf News
Find out the handful of golfers who have broken 60 on tour
It’s the one number they all want to put on their cards, but who are the players to shoot 59 on the PGA Tour?
Don’t keep us waiting…
OK, OK. To date, eight players have carded a 59 on the PGA Tour:
- Al Geiberger, 1977 Memphis Classic
- Chip Beck, 1991 Las Vegas Invitational
- David Duval, 1999 Bob Hope Chrysler Classic
- Paul Goydos, 2010 John Deere Classic
- Stuart Appleby, 2010 Greenbrier Classic
- Jim Furyk, 2013 BMW Championship
- Justin Thomas, 2017 Sony Open in Hawaii
- Adam Hadwin, 2017 CareerBuilder Challenge
- Brandt Snedeker, 2018 Wyndham Championship
Is that as good as it gets?
Nope. one player has shot a 58.
58?! That’s ridiculous. Who was it?
Let me tell you in bullet-point form…
- Jim Furyk, 2016 Travelers Championship
Furyk has had a 59 AND a 58?
Indeed. The 2018 USA Ryder Cup captain has a special spot in golf’s record books.
What about on the European Tour?
Well, in contrast there has only been one 59 on the European Tour. You can read about that here.