On this week’s From the Clubhouse, a podcast from National Club Golfer, Steve Carroll and Tom Irwin get stuck into winter golf.
Do we actually enjoy it, what are the benefits of teeing it up when the weather gets colder and the days get shorter, and what is our ideal winter’s day out on the course?
Tom and Steve also dive into mats, temporary greens, and winter competitions before answering a winter rules question that might surprise most of you.
If you’ve ever considered braving the snow, ice, and cold weather on an ever-darkening winter’s afternoon, this episode should be right up your street.
What do you think about winter golf? Have a listen to the podcast and then let us know your thoughts in a tweet.
Discussed in the podcast…
- Could your golf course close every winter? Why some clubs are considering it
- Do I have to mark my ball when taking preferred lies relief?
- Can I change my ball when taking relief under preferred lies?
- Can I replace a ball using my club?
- The 5 winter rules all golfers break
Could the golf ball be rolled back for everyone?