Open Golf: News in brief on day three at MuirfieldJuly 20, 2013 News & Tour
Some Saturday snippets from the Championship
- Scot Martin Laird also saw his tournament dream ruined after taking nine at the par-four third. He shanked his tee shot into unplayable rough 50 yards right of the fairway.
- Hideki Matsuyama received a penalty for slow play today. The Japanese player was three shots off the lead when he penalised at the 17th.
- How the holes ranked on Friday (1st being the hardest)
- Todd Hamilton leads the way for Greens in Regulation. Chris Wood is tied for second and has hit more fairways than anyone but still teed off at +7.
- Wood also the most consistent in terms of scoring; three 75s so far this week.
- Weather update; cloud will continue to break with lengthening sunny spells. Cloud to increase at the end of the day.
- The crowds for Friday were again down on 2002 despite the brilliant weather – 29,144 came through the gates compared to 34,479 11 years ago.