Who to back? A betting guide for the 2014 Ryder CupSeptember 23, 2014 Golf News
Our guest golf betting expert from Sports Betting Index gives his definitive guide for betting on the 2014 Ryder Cup
Whilst there are no outright bets before the off from us if you read below we will give some hints and pointers at who to follow in matches once they are announced and also all the best bookmaker offers to help you to place a bet.
To start with if you are going to bet on the matches there is one website you simply have to look at – http://adamsarson.com/match-play-records/
This is a godsend for punters looking for angles on who to bet on. I have trawled through all this year’s competitors and dragged out some interesting statistics.
Everyone raves about Ian Poulter and his magic in match play but the fact remains he is in poor form this year and has actually lost his last five matches in either the WGC or Volvo Matchplay.
Personally I would be against him although if he is partnered with Justin Rose then they will probably be worth backing as together they are 6 and 1.
It is always a tall order for rookies on Ryder Cup sides and I would definitely be out to oppose two of the Europeans who have a dreadful record in singles match play.
Jamie Donaldson may be having a great season but in seven singles matches in various competitions he has lost five and halved two.
If you thought that record wasn’t great then check out Stephen Gallacher – played seven – lost seven!
On the American team Matt Kuchar is a player who always seems to be top quality – especially in WGC events but in the Ryder Cup and Presidents Cup he has lost all four singles matches.
Wildcard pick Keegan Bradley was probably chosen because of his great record when partnering Phil Mickelson and it would be a surprise if they were not paired together again as they are 5-1-1.
However Bradley is probably worth opposing in the singles where in six matches he has lost five.
Maybe a good angle for backing Bradley would be for top scorer either USA or combined before the start but lay back before the singles on Sunday.
Listed below are all the bookmaker offers I can find so far – to place a bet simply click on the bookmaker names but please be aware there are terms and conditions attached to most of these – some of which I have pointed out
- Place a Ryder Cup Winner or To Lift The Trophy bet on the 2014 Ryder Cup and if Europe lose, Betway will refund losing bets with a Free Bet up to £25.
- Back a player or a pair to win a point in their respective Fourball, Foursome or Single at the Ryder Cup 2014 and if your choice is leading after 12 holes before losing (not halving), Betway will refund losing bets with a Free Bet up to £25
- Place a Fourfold or higher bet on any Ryder Cup Point Winner Market (Singles, Foursomes & Fourballs), and if just one selection lets you down, Betway will refund losing bets with a Free Bet up to £25.
- Price boost on Rory McIlroy to be Top Combined points scorer at 8/1.
- Place an In-Play Golf bet on day 1 & 2 and get a FREE BET of up to £25 on day 3
- Open a new account – get a free £50 bet and get Europe @ 5/2 or the USA @ 9/2 – max stake £10
- Are offering money back on select markets if USA win the Ryder Cup.The following markets are included: Top Debutant Player, Top English Points Scorer, Top European Points Scorer, Top USA Points Scorer or Top Points Scorer. Min. stake is £20
- To open a Unibet account click here
- Place a minimum of £5 on any of the selected Ryder Cup outright markets. These are Correct Score, Top Overall Points Scorer, Top European Points Scorer and Top USA Points Scorer. If the USA win Skybet will refund total losing stakes on those markets up to £150 as a Free Bet on Monday 29th September!
- Free £25 bet and you can have £10 on Europe @ 3/1 for new accounts
- For more on the Ryder Cup CLICK HERE