Work for NCG: Social Media Editor job openingJanuary 18, 2018 Sponsored
Are you a social media journalist with at least one year's experience? How would you like to be our new Social Media Editor? Details of how to apply below
Social Media Editor job description
Sports Publications is an independent publisher based in North Leeds that publishes nine different print titles on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis as well as operating two leading consumer websites.
Reporting to the Digital Editor but working closely with all teams, your main focus will be on Sports Publications’ social media channels, with a view to creating engaging content and devising ongoing campaigns that will grow our brands’ social media audiences and drive people to our websites.
You will also be expected to produce social content for the websites, as well as creating regular e-newsletters.
The role will require evening and weekend work – especially when major golf tournaments are taking place.
Most importantly – you must live and breathe golf.
- To manage and produce the social content plans for both National Club Golfer and Lady Golfer across Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat and more.
- To write engaging copy in the National Club Golfer / Lady Golfer tone of voice, while considering the commercial interests of the business.
- To attend events and produce social content as required – including Twitter Live, Facebook Live, Instagram Stories and Snapchat. You will also be expected to be on camera.
- To work closely with the digital and commercial teams to ensure all business requirements are met.
- To review performance of social posts on a daily, weekly and monthly basis and report back to the digital and commercial teams.
- To react to analytics reports efficiently.
- To monitor activity of competitors.
- To stay up-to-speed with all social media advancements and react and report back to the digital team as appropriate.
- To create the digital team’s three weekly editorial e-newsletters.
- be a keen golf fan and up-to-speed on all current affairs in the sport.
- already have at least one year’s experience working in digital media, particularly social media, and be comfortable using Content Management Systems.
- have a journalism qualification or degree.
- be flexible and able to work on a shift basis that differs from week to week and includes evenings and weekends.
- to be equally comfortable in front of and behind the camera.
- be a proactive, driven, passionate individual who wants to be part of a dynamic and growing business.
- have a flexible, pragmatic approach where getting a result in the right way is at the core of how you operate.
- be able to work to tight deadlines and targets.
- represent the company in a professional fashion, upholding and enhancing our reputation as the No. 1 media brand in golf.
- Competitive salary
- Free golf club membership
How to apply
Email Digital Editor Alex Perry – email@example.com – with your CV and a brief covering letter.