Sky Sports will be the only place to watch the Masters live in the UK from 2020
It has been announced that Sky Sports will be the only place to watch the Masters live from 2020 as the BBC lose their rights to live coverage.
The subscription-only service has agreed a new deal to televise another of golf’s majors exclusively from 2020.
The deal puts an end to the recent arrangement which saw full coverage of rounds 3 and 4 broadcast live on BBC as well as Sky.
Next year will be the first year since 1955 that the BBC will not show any live golf with all four majors being shown on Sky Sports.
Back in 2011, the BBC lost its four-round coverage and this led to the reduced coverage featuring just the final two rounds from Augusta.
Free-to-air viewers will still be able to access highlights on BBC following the conclusion of each day’s play.
Sky Sports have outlined the components of their 2020 coverage as follows:
- All four tournament rounds
- Analysis from several of the game’s biggest stars
- Innovative technology in the Sky Sports studio
- Live coverage of the Par 3 Contest
- Daily practice range show featuring interviews and analysis.
- Supplementary coverage via the “Featured Groups” along with “Amen Corner” and “15 and 16” live feeds, airing Thursday through Sunday.
What do you think of the new deal? Reply in the comments or let us know on Twitter.