We're recruiting! - Videographer roleMarch 8, 2018
Want to be a part of growing brand?
Do you have a serious passion for creating, crafting, and editing video? Is story-telling your gift to the world? Are you looking for a full-time position that allows you the opportunity to create multiple videos every month while pushing your creative limits? If so, then Sports Publications might be a great choice for you.
Sports Publications is a growing sports media business, with a focus on golf we are expanding our successful in house video delivery alongside a growing list of contract publishing clients.
Based in modern offices in leafy North Leeds you will be part of a buzzing office and a growing team all on board with developing our business.
As the videographer, your job will entail producing video content for our organisation that aligns with the brand, mission, and goals of our company and our clients. As one of the visual storytellers for our company, you’ll be responsible for assisting in storyboarding, shooting footage and editing, managing creative assets, and maintaining all video equipment.
You will accomplish the bulk of the technical tasks related to production and post-production. These duties may include the transport, setup, and operation of equipment; and assisting with staging, set preparation, and dressing.
You will work closely with the Producer to execute projects from concept through completion.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Determining what camera equipment is necessary and obtain equipment if needed
- Transporting, setting up, and operating various production equipment including cameras, audio and video recorders, lighting equipment, props, and microphones for location and studio production
- Operating and maintaining proper levels and calibration of cameras, audio and video recorders, and other production equipment
- Collecting b-roll footage, as well as interviewing appropriate staff and/or clients
- Assisting in the social-sharing of the video content
- Most commonly, you will be responsible for single-camera shoots
Additional responsibilities may include:
- Supporting the team throughout the production process, which may include finding interview subjects, creating graphics, and presenting to management
- Helping to sustain and guide video creative process
- Assisting in maintaining the video hosting platform and understanding best practices
- Assisting in developing interview questions and storyboards
- Staying up-to-date with all new technological advances (VR,AR, etc.)
- Proficient with Video Editing Software (Adobe Premiere or Final Cut Pro)
- Experience with Adobe After Effects is preferred
- Experience with Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Illustrator are a plus
- Proficient at storyboarding, scripting, and concepting
- Understand basic and advanced composition techniques
- Understand the fundamentals of branding
- Very detail oriented and able to identify quality issues in audio and video
- Attention to detail, quick thinking, and a demonstrated proficiency in shooting video
- Proven experience in working with a team, with a mindset and goal in developing the best video content
- Ability to learn new skills and determine on-going learning opportunities for film techniques
- An open mind about video production, with the ability to make our company’s video strategy a reality
- Owns the production process and does what it takes to make great content
- Self-starting and treats the brand as as your own
- Deals well with criticism and able to collect feedback easily
- Great communication skills and able to interview and make people comfortable
- Energetic and able to excite people to be on camera
- Looks at the content from the eye of the viewer to create the best experience
- Lifelong learner and able to identify new learning opportunities