The GCMA's Manager of the Year Awards are the gold standard for golf club managers. Why not nominate your manager, or team, for the prestigious prize?
Has your golf club manager gone above and beyond during the coronavirus pandemic? Is there a rising star in your club’s office? Have your golf club team produced a magnificent course, outstanding food and drink, and great service?
If so, why not nominate them for a set of prestigious awards?
They are the glittering showpiece of the Golf Club Managers’ Association’s 2021 Conference and nominations have opened for the Manager of the Year Awards.
Recognising and rewarding excellence across golf club management, the awards will be presented at a gala dinner on Monday November, 22 during a three-day gathering at Wyboston Lakes Resort, in Bedfordshire.
It’s been a hugely challenging period for golf club managers with the coronavirus pandemic, followed by an unprecedented boom in the sport, and we’re sure to see some inspirational stories among those put forward.
Two years ago at De Vere Cotswold Water Park, Enville general manager Heather Mulley was a popular winner of the Manager of the Year prize, while Redditch’s Kerry Alligan-Smith was named Newcomer of the Year and Llanishen continued the theme of recent Welsh dominance when named Team of the Year.
For 2021, the awards categories are as follows:
- GCMA Manager of the Year – Available to full members only and those currently in the role of General Manager, Club Manager, Club Secretary or similar
- GCMA Future Leader of the Year – Available to full members only and for those within their first two years of club management
- GCMA Team of the Year – Should include Club Manager, Golf Professional, Food and Beverage and Head Greenkeeper. At least one member of the team should be a full GCMA member
The deadline for nominations is Friday, September 17. Shortlists will be drawn up before an interview and selection process. Club visits and interviews with final candidates will take place during October.
If you would like to nominate anyone for one of the Awards, email [email protected] with the following details:
- Name of the Nominee
- Name of Club
- Award Category
- A brief summary of why you think they deserve to be nominated. Key achievements, contribution to the club etc.
- Your name and contact details