Cleveland unveil new 588 RTX 2.0 wedgesSeptember 19, 2014 Golf News
Enhanced technological features and even more choice
5 Cleveland Golf is introducing a new range of 588 RTX 2.0 wedges for 2014, building on the success of the original 588 RTX that has seen the brand achieve record growth in the UK.
588 RTX wedges saw Cleveland Golf grow its market share in the UK wedge sector from 9% to 29% from when it launched back in March 2013 through to July 2014.
This was off the back of a hugely successful wedge trade in promotion that saw over 35,000 wedges traded in over the course of the 2013 and 2014 seasons.
Now Cleveland Golf has evolved the 588 RTX to form 588 RTX 2.0 through a number of enhanced technological features and by offering golfers even more versatility of choice.
This has all been achieved through hundreds of hours of testing and feedback generated by the world’s top players.
Rotex 2.0 Face technology
The Rotex face has been enhanced further to offer the maximum surface roughness allowed by USGA. This has been achieved through 3 advancements in the R&D lab.
- Fourth generation Tour Zip grooves combine 15% sharper grooves and a deeper micro milling to provide superior spin on all shots from the rough.
- Advanced, 2-pass micro milling pattern provides a strategically designed roughness close to the USGA limit.
- Laser milling fine-tunes the micro-roughness for more consistency and texture across the face.
Cleveland Golf has created three distinct grind options for the 588 RTX 2.0 wedge family.
By progressively varying the wedge’s sole design according to bounce, Cleveland Golf has created an array of scoring tools.
1 DOT (LOW BOUNCE) KEY FEATURES
• Trailing Edge Grind + maximum heel and toe grind
• Lowest effective bounce
• Keeps leading edge close to ground for aggressive lob shots, yet provides stability on square-faced full shots
2 DOT (STANDARD BOUNCE) KEY FEATURES
• Trailing Edge Grind + moderate trailing relief
• Mid effective bounce
• All-around playability and versatility, allowing golfer to execute a variety of shots from most playing conditions
3 DOT (FULL SOLE) KEY FEATURES
• Constant Sole Width
• Higher effective bounce
• Allows the golfer to use the sole to their advantage around the greens. Full shape gives stability on full shots, however the curvature in the sole still allows player to open the face.
Available: September 2014