What are the best value for money fairway woods & hybrids? Read on to find out
Mastery of the short game is an art; dominating the long game is a must if you’re wanting to lower your handicap.
In the modern game we’re seeing more and more golfers reach par 5’s in two shots. But how on earth are they doing it?
Well for starters they’re choosing the right equipment. That’s why we’ve put together what we believe are the best value for money fairway woods and hybrids that’ll get you on those greens in no time.
Below each product you’ll find a ‘Buy Now’ button, so when we say it’s just a click away, we actually mean it.
If you’re still thirsty for more killer golf equipment deals then check out the rest of our NCG Buyer’s Guides right here, but for now let’s take a look at the best value for money fairway woods and hybrids on the market right now…
- Buyer’s Guide: Get started in golf today with these superb package golf set deals
- Buyer’s Guide: Best GPS devices for 2022
- Buyer’s Guide: Treat your feet to the best golf socks
Best value for money fairway woods
Callaway Golf Mavrik Fairway Wood
Like the driver, the fairway offers the finest combination of distance that defies convention. The MAVRIK has been designed with an A.I. developed Flash Face to work specifically with the architecture of this fairway to produce more ball speed performance.
- Flash Face SS20
- T2C Carbon Crown
- Jailbreak & Face Cup Technology
- 2-Year Guarantee & Project X Even Flow Graphite Shaft
The Mavrik is designed to be the fastest in the range with a larger and expansive hitting area, giving you more ball speed across the club face.Hannah Holden, NCG Equipment Editor
TaylorMade Sim Max Golf Fairway
The iconic TaylorMade V Steel™Sole Design has been reinvented in the all-new TaylorMade SIM Fairway Woods. Prepare for higher launch, more distance and effortless performance.
- Multi-Material Fairway Wood
- V Steel™ Sole Design
- Twist Face™
- Ultra-Strong Steel Face
- Speed Pocket™
What’s great about the Sim Max is how high-launch they are across the whole range. Many club golfers struggle to get fairway woods up in the air so seeing that in this club is really pleasing.Hannah Holden, NCG Equipment Editor
Titleist TSi 3 Fairway Wood
The superior speed and workability of the new TSi 3 fairway allows you to play with more confidence. It features a new SureFit Track System to give you precise control over CG placement to giving you more shot control as well as speed performance.
- Active Recoil Channel 4.0
- Aerodynamic Shaping
- SureFit Track System
- 1-Year Guarantee / Stock Shaft Option
Out of the three models my favourite was the TSi 3 because of its consistency and extra carry distance.Hannah Holden, NCG Equipment Editor
Wilson Staff D9 Golf Fairway
Wilson have designed the D9 range with input from their advisory staff members (tour players) and the final head shape design is one that has been, in part, created by some of the world’s best players. This head shape has allowed Wilson to optimise the weighting to allow for maximum speeds. The D9 fairway woods sit perfectly square which will appeal to a large section of the golfing public. The fairway woods are available in three different lofts, 13.5 degrees (ideal as a teeing off club), 15-degrees (3-wood for use of both fairway and tee) and 18-degrees (5-wood perfect for high flighted fairway shots).
- Stunning Aesthetics
- Very Forgiving
- Explosive Ball Speeds
- Tensei CK Blue Shaft Fitted as Standard
- Sits Perfectly Square
Callaway Big Bertha B21 Golf Fairway
The B21 fairway woods have extremely shallow faces which makes getting the ball in air a significantly easier task as the centre of gravity is much lower. This will see the fairway wood perform more like a golf hybrid and offers a far greater margin of error than any other fairway wood on the market. The head is also oversized to make the transition from driver to fairway wood less of a shock to the system. This has also allowed Callaway greater opportunity to increase the perimeter weighting and increase forgiveness on off centre hits.
- Shallow face designed to promote higher launch and easy pick up.
- Generous offset to promote a distance enhancing draw
- Oversized Big Bertha shaped clubhead to instill confidence at address.
- A.I. designed Flash Face produces incredible ball speed even on off centre hits.
Best value for money hybrids
Wilson Launch Pad Hybrid
The new and improved Launch Pad hybrid is one of the easiest and lightest to hit on the market. Packed with innovative technology to hit the ball even further, straighter and higher than ever before.
- Lightweight Design
- High-Strength Carpenter Custom 455 Face
- Draw-Biased / Low CG / Moderate Offset
- 12 Months Warranty / Project X Evenflow Graphite Shaft / W/S Tour Velvet Midsize Grip
I’ve been really impressed when testing out these hybrids. They’re one of the most consistent hybrids I’ve ever used. The launch pads will make a massive difference to golfers who struggle with getting flight on the ball.Hannah Holden, NCG Equipment Editor
- Watch our equipment expert review the Wilson Launch Pads here
- Is it time for club golfers to swap their irons for a full bag of hybrids?
Callaway Golf Mavrik Max Hybrid
For the very first time in a hybrid, Callaway developed a specialised face with the assistance of a more powerful artificial intelligence (A.I.) to work specifically with the architecture of the head to produce more ball speed performance.
- A.I.Developed Face Architecture
- Flash Face SS20
- Jailbreak & Face Cup Technology
- 2-Year Guarantee / Project X Catalyst Graphite Shaft
The Mavrik Max features a square face and a larger body which will give you maximum forgiveness and extra launch on your shots.Hannah Holden, NCG Equipment Editor
TaylorMade Sim2 Max Golf Rescue
With a head shape and size that will appeal to every level of golfer the TaylorMade SIM2 MAX Hybrid is a club that brings versatility, power, great looks and incredible ease of use. A redesigned V-Steel Sole minimises the sole area, and helps to improve turf interaction and allows this club to be used effectively from worse lies than ever before. The TaylorMade SIM2 MAX Hybrid also benefits from a powerful C300 steel face and corrective Twist Face design. The face provides explosive speeds and a powerful ball-flight, whilst the Twist Face helps to correct unwanted curve on shots that have been struck out of the heel or toe. The SIM2 MAX has an optimally positioned CG to allow for towering shots to be hit from the fairway or semi-rough, allowing you to hunt the flag on long par 4’s or short par 5’s.
- Powerful C300 Steel Face Produces Superb Ball Speeds
- Twist-Face Technology provides curvature correction on off centre hits
- Redesigned Speed-Pocket improves performance on low face strikes
- Stunning looks at address
I love everything about this club. When you catch it right the ball flight is incredible and the distance you get is superb.Hannah Holden, NCG Equipment Editor
- ‘Tiger was blown away’: TaylorMade launch SIM2 fairway woods to the GOAT’s approval
- Watch the review here
Cobra King LTDx Golf Hybrid
The Cobra LTDx range of clubs is superbly rounded off by the release of the LTDx Hybrid which are their first hybrids to feature the acclaimed PWRSHELL technology found in their equally impressive iron ranges. This technology utilises an L-Cup face design that is forged from an extremely strong stainless steel which allows for a much thinner face to be used. The thin face can then flex more which provides faster ball speeds and higher launch at all points of the club face.
- PWRSHELL Technology Used In a Hybrid For the First Time
- PWR-COR Technology Optimises CG Placement & Reduces Spin
- H.O.T. Face Provides Explosive Ball Speeds Even On Off Centre Strikes
- Hollow Split Rails Provide Superb Turf Interation
- Available From 2-Hybrid (17°) to 6-Hybrid (28°)
Srixon ZX Golf Hybrid
The Srixon ZX Hybrid has been designed to look and perform well for all levels of golfer and features a square toe and a straight face angle, which will prove to be more appealing to the lower handicappers and reduce the fear of the ball going left. The head is relatively compact for a modern hybrid but the smaller profile does not come at the expense of being easy to use. Featuring the same Rebound Frame that is also in the new ZX driver and fairway wood range the Srixon ZX hybrid is extremely forgiving. The Rebound Frame is a second flex point in the head and helps transfer all possible energy into the golf ball, regardless of where it has been struck.
- Compact head, Straight face angle & square toe will appeal to the skilled golfer.
- Main Frame technology maximises energy transference into the ball
- Stepped Crown design lowers CG and increases M.O.I
- Superb Project-X Hazrdus Smoke shaft fitted as standard.