Rosendaelsche

Rosendaelsche

Show Us Your Medals

Course Information

Rosendaelsche is a course of real elegance on a grand scale with fairways winding through stands of tall trees.

In 1908 the club moved to the Delhuyzen estate on the Apeldoornseweg in Arnhem, but retained their original name.

 The site was owned by the wonderfully named AA del Court of Krimpen and he laid out the nine-hole course.

In 1975 the clubs started to create 18 new holes and the Dutch-born architect Frank Pennink was engaged to advise on the expansion, with the full-size course opening in 1977.

While Rosendaelsche is an historic and traditional club, it is progressive, and new holes were cut out of the woodland in 2013.

As a result, this is modern golf at its best, a course that rewards, if not demands, strong driving, but not at the expense of control.

The work of German architect Christoph Staedler has helped stretch the length from the back tees to in excess of 7,000 yards.

As a result, this is modern golf at its best, a course that rewards, if not demands, strong driving, but not at the expense of control.

Staedler’s new holes fit into the existing Pennink design seamlessly; one is a par 3 of over 200 yards with plenty of swales around the green, the other a stellar par 4 down the edge of the property with waste areas reminiscent of Pinehurst

There is a touch of Woburn about the place and, after a modest short hole to finish the outward half, the back nine begins with a succession of fine holes that mark it out as even better fare than what has just been enjoyed. Chris Bertram

 

Information

Frank Pennink, Christoph Staedler

+31 26 442 1438

Rosendaelsche Golfclub , Apeldoornseweg 450 , Arnhem , Netherlands , 6816 SN