Burton On Trent Golf Club

Derbyshire

  • Par 71
  • 6579 Yds

The club was founded in 1894 and began life as a 9-hole course at Stapenhill. Due to the hilly nature of the course the Golf Club moved in 1897 to a nine-hole course in Branston. In 1907 an opportunity arose to rent land from the Earl of Carnarvon on his Bretby Estate and build a Clubhouse on Ashby Road and so Burton Golf Club moved to its present site. The house was built so that if the Golf Club failed the house could be sold as a ‘dwelling’. The local train service from Burton to Ashby ran along Ashby Road with a stop outside the Clubhouse, and so golf at the Bretby site began. The Bretby site will celebrate it centenary year in 2007.The second most notable event in the history of the club took place in 1922, when the farsighted members of the time decided that there was a future for golf in Burton on Trent and purchased the Freehold of the course, as it was then, from the Earl of Carnarvon and set up Burton-on-Trent golf club Limited by Guarantee.

Address

Ashby Road East
Burton-upon-Trent
Derbyshire
DE15 0PS

Telephone

01283 544551
Top