Belton Park Golf Club
- 27 Hole
- 6728 Yds
BELTON PARK is one of the East Midland’s best and most well established courses. Founded in 1890 as a nine-hole course in the grounds of Lord Brownlow’s country estate, a further nine holes were added in 1908 before it was used as an army camp during the 1st World War. The golf course reopened in 1923 with a further nine holes created in 1979. The estate was sold to The National Trust in 1984 and they remain the club’s landlords.
Belton Park Golf Club is a popular and highly regarded golf venue. It is laid out within the Belton estate, which provides a beautiful backdrop to enjoy a round of golf. There is a herd of fallow deer who roam lazily around the fairways. The course offers a real variety of challenges and all three sets of nine holes offer something a little different that make it a joy to play. The three loops of nine holes work really well with the well-guarded greens and steep-faced bunkers making it a real test. It also has a really friendly feel to it and it is understandable why so many visitors come back time and again. All the off-course facilities are superb and it fully deserves its reputation as one of the region’s premier clubs.