HyperFlex golf shoe unveiled by FootJoyJanuary 15, 2015 The Scoop
FootJoy unveil revolutionary new HyperFlex golfing shoe
FootJoy have unveiled HyperFlex – the latest new product in their popular golfing footwear line.
The distinctive shoe features innovative materials like the new FlexGrid exoskeleton, helping to deliver lightweight support and cushioning, enabling golfers to play at their highest level.
The very distinctive FlexGrid upper was inspired by the Leonard P. Zakim Bunker Hill Bridge in Boston, Massachusetts.
When viewing this type of cable-stayed bridge at different angles, the cables create a grid offering tremendous strength and support, all while maintaining a sleek, lightweight and technical appearance – similar to FlexGrid.
FootJoy Ambassador and PGA Tour winner Hunter Mahan said: “I’ve been a big fan of the HyperFlex ever since I put them on before the Ryder Cup.
“The comfort I get when I’m on the golf course all day combined with the stability as I swing the club is fantastic. I really enjoy wearing this shoe and also really like the progressive, edgy styling of it.”
The comfort I get when I’m on the golf course all day combined with the stability as I swing the club is fantastic. The FlexGrid exoskeleton is strong enough to prevent the foot from rolling laterally during a players swing, but also allows the foot to flex.
The base layer is made of a flexible, lightweight waterproof mesh, which allows for breathability, flexibility and good airflow.
Available in six distinctive colourways, FootJoy’s all-new footwear is available to buy in March.
- FlexGrid™ 2.0 exoskeleton upper – The soft and comfortable material helps to control the foot during the swing and retain its shape over time. Incorporates a breathable membrane that is guaranteed waterproof for two years.
- FineTunedFoam™ 2.0 – The next-generation midsole, constructed of a softer and lighter EVA blend, delivers supercharged cushioning.
- O.P.S.™ – Visible at the rear of the shoe, the Optimised Performance Stabiliser provides support and motion control towards the heel.
- N.E.O.™ – Next Evolutionary Outsole, equipped with ‘Tornado’ Cleats by SoftSpikes, has been specifically engineered with thin TPU that provides flexible-yet-durable underfoot traction elements that utilise the Fast-Twist® insert system.
- Colour options – HyperFlex will be available in navy/lime, charcoal/Orange, white/light grey/royal blue and black/silver/yellow. Additional lacing options will be offered in white/light grey/royal blue and charcoal/orange.
SRP: £135/£150 BOA
Availability: March 2015