Amy Boulden takes part in the GAC Golf Sail ChallengeJuly 28, 2015 News & Tour
LET Rookie of the year discusses her career, her favourite courses and her secret men's tour crush
During some time off in June GAC golf ambassador Amy Boulden returned home to Wales to take part in a unique golfing challenge on Cardiff harbour against GAC Pindar’s Extreme Sailing Series crew members Chris Draper and Tyson Lamond.
The 2014 Ladies European Tour Rookie of the Year demonstrated her impressive short game as she took aim at a floating green on GAC Pindar’s Extreme 40 catamaran moored 80 yards away. Unsurprisingly, Boulden won the challenge with several pinpoint approach shots which landed perfectly on the floating green.
Amy Boulden Interview
At what age did you start playing golf?
– I took up golf when I was about six years old. I came from a golfing background so I started young.
Who is your golfing hero?
– My golfing hero is probably Sergio Garcia. I grew up watching him play and I’m a little bit in love with him as well!
Do you have a favourite golf course?
– My favourite course is Kings Barnes in Scotland. I qualified for the British Open there a couple of years ago, it is a really great course.
Do you have a favourite ever round of golf?
– That’s a very tough question. I shot seven under par at St Andrews when I was an amateur quite a few years ago and that put me in a play-off to win. I didn’t win it in the end, but that was probably one of my favourite rounds.
When and where was your first competition victory?
– Probably the Junior Wales Open at Celtic Manor, I was 12 or 13 years old at the time.
– I like to spend time with my friends, go shopping, just normal things.
Who is the most famous person you’ve met?
– Tiger Woods. I didn’t actually play golf with him, but I got to caddie for someone in the same group as him and I did play a few shots with his driver and he let me hit a few putts.
Who is the most famous person you’ve played golf with?
– Well golfer, I’ve played with Pablo Larrazabal but I’m trying to think of a non-golfer. I can’t think of any non-golfers….I’ve played with Darren Clarke in the Gary Player Invitational too.
What are your future goals?
– I’d love to be world number one, obviously, and I want to try and get on the LPGA tour. Short term I want to try and get in the top 50 of the World to try and get exempt from the Majors.
What are your top tips for amateur golfers?
– My top tips for amateur golfers would be to enjoy it, stay patient and practice their short game.
Who would be in your Ideal four-ball?
– My ideal four-ball would be me, obviously, Will Smith, Sergio Garcia and James Corden.
I’d like it to be played at Augusta.
Which would be your ideal major to win?
– If I could win one major it would be the Kraft Nabisco (now the ANA Inspiration) because you get to jump in the lake if you win.
Which tournament from the past do you wish you could have been a spectator at?
#ThisGirlGolfs: Our campaign to get more women into golf
Amy Boulden is an ambassador for global logistics provider GAC. For more information visit www.gac.com